Suggestions for hacking sessions & discussions for the MacPorts meeting in March

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 18:56:45 UTC 2018

On 21 Feb 2018, at 17:33, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:
> - New website!!!!!

Homebrew/Linuxbrew's are good examples to get up and running quickly, and still have updated technical documentation.

> - How to deal with huge number of open tickets on Trac
> - It would be fun to go through features of HB and:
>  - write clear explanations (PR statements) about why we do something
> things differently (sudo, not using /usr/local) + list of features we
> don't want to implement and why

I look forward to the meeting minutes.

Also, maybe the think tank could consider some mechanism that avoids installing ports from source for a certain arch while defects are open in trac.