[macports-ports] branch master updated: unpaper: Update to version 6.1 - Use recommended compile flags

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 20 07:54:21 UTC 2018

On Jan 12, 2018, at 12:54, Frank Schima wrote:

> Frank Schima (mf2k) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/05e7489989c736d2397e10073b8e8edd628d1ac8
>
> The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
>
>      new 05e7489  unpaper: Update to version 6.1  - Use recommended compile flags
>
> 05e7489 is described below
>

> commit 05e7489989c736d2397e10073b8e8edd628d1ac8
>
> Author: Frank Schima
> AuthorDate: Fri Jan 12 11:54:56 2018 -0700
>

>     unpaper: Update to version 6.1
>      - Use recommended compile flags
>
>     Fixes: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/55660

> +configure.cflags-append -O2 -march=native -pipe -flto

Why? Recommended by whom?

-O2 is an optimization flag. If you want to set it, do so in configure.optflags. But an upstream recommendation is not a sufficient reason to me to change it.

-march=native may cause the binaries produced by our buildbot to be incompatible with user system, if user systems are not using the same processor as our buildbot.

-pipe is a flag MacPorts adds for you, if the user requested it in macports.conf setting; ports should not override it. The MacPorts default is enabled.

I don't know about -flto.