Query on Participating in Gsoc 2018

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Jan 31 14:25:15 UTC 2018

Dear Ankit,

Which operating systems are you working on / have regular access to?

It's indeed still too early, but in case MacPorts is selected ...

Given the set of languages that you are familiar with it could make
sense to work on our buildbot setup for example. We would need to
migrate to Buildbot 9 at some point and we would need to make quite a
bit of tweaks to get the most out of our setup, and new web
technologies help here. It would also be nice to collect the
statistics of builds on per-port basis and prepare a bunch of websites
that would give a clear overview of what has been built successfully
and which ports fail on which platforms.

As a prerequisite to be elegible for GSOC we will most probably ask
the potential students to submit a few pull requests for new ports or
fixes or upgrades to existing ports just to show that they are
familiar with the basics and that they can run MacPorts themselves.
Plus showcase some additional skills with some actual code / proof of
concept ideas for the summer etc.

Mojca

PS: please change your name in email settings.