glfw does not have a version option in PortIndex

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jun 7 14:23:49 UTC 2018

Hello,

a user on IRC reported a strange behavior that currently breaks updating
the repology database. The glfw port does not have a version option in
PortIndex set.

The problem can be seen here:

$ rsync --no-motd
rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports//trunk/dports/PortIndex_darwin_16_i386/PortIndex
/tmp/PortIndex
$ grep -A1 '^glfw ' /tmp/PortIndex
glfw 383
variants {debug docs universal} depends_build {path:bin/cmake:cmake
port:doxygen} portdir graphics/glfw description {GLFW is a free,
open-source, portable library for OpenGL and OpenGL ES application
development} homepage http://www.glfw.org/ epoch 0 platforms {darwin
macosx} name glfw license zlib maintainers {{michaelld @michaelld}
openmaintainer} categories graphics revision 0

I cannot reproduce the problem on my system, though. Re-running
portindex after touching the glfw Portfile produces the correct line in
PortIndex with the expected version option.

$ touch $(port file glfw)
$ portindex
Creating port index in .../ports
Adding port graphics/glfw
Adding subport glfw-devel
$ grep -A1 '^glfw ' PortIndex
glfw 738
variants {debug docs universal} subports glfw-devel depends_build
{path:bin/cmake:cmake port:doxygen} portdir graphics/glfw description
{GLFW is a free, open-source, portable library for OpenGL and OpenGL ES
application development} conflicts glfw-devel homepage
http://www.glfw.org/ epoch 1 platforms {darwin macosx} name glfw license
zlib maintainers {{michaelld @michaelld} openmaintainer}
long_description {{GLFW is a free, open-source, portable library for
OpenGL and OpenGL ES application development:} This port follows the
release version of GLFW, which is typically updated every 6 months. If
for some reason this port does not build or function as desired, try the
glfw-devel port.} categories graphics version 3.2.1 revision 0

Can anybody figure out what might be causing this?

Note we run 'portindex -p darwin_16_i386' on the buildbot job that
produces the PortIndex file referenced above. Although I cannot
reproduce the problem either way on my system...

Rainer