plans to mitigate the OpenGL depreciation?

Jack Howarth howarth.at.macports at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:26:17 UTC 2018

      Since the 10.14 SDK fully depreciates building against the OpenGL
API, what are the plans going forward for OpenGL support in MacPorts? More
importantly, what will be the performance impacts on 10.14? I have the
impression that the video card drivers have to provide hardware level
OpenGL support for the current performance levels in 10.13 and earlier, no?
If so. how much can than be mitigated on the user land side?
      Also, I assume for now the Mesa OpenGL libraries will be the
alternative for 10.14 users. However I am wondering what the prospects are
for using MoltenVK as a substitute for Mesa long term?
                  Jack