[macports-ports] branch master updated: libcaer: new port

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 1 14:03:27 UTC 2018

On Mar 1, 2018, at 07:59, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 07:48:35 -0600 Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> +depends_lib-append  port:libusb
>>
>> The port failed to build without pkgconfig.
>
> Should the CI infrastructure have noticed that? I've kind of been
> assuming that if CI is green you can assume the thing is okay, but
> that's not the case it would seem?

The builds failed on the buildbot, which is how I noticed the problem. On the buildbot, we activate the dependencies and then make sure the dependencies' build dependencies are deactivated before building the port, thus exposing the problem. I see the build succeeded on Travis CI. I guess we don't do that same process on Travis CI. Whoever is handling our Travis CI stuff might want to look into that.