[macports-ports] branch master updated: libcaer: new port

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Mar 2 10:44:50 UTC 2018

On 2 March 2018 at 11:26, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2018, at 22:14, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >
> > Well, sure, but the host environment makes a bit of a difference for
> > the technical effort. For example, this means we can't (for example)
> > simply spin up a cluster in AWS at will. Perhaps using Docker for
> > macOS might be an option? I haven't played with it yet though.
> >
> > Or is the build cluster already using VMs? I know nothing about it.
>
> Yes, macOS can only be legally virtualized on Apple hardware. Yes, we are running macOS virtualized (in VMware ESXi 6.0.0U2) on Apple hardware (Xserve3,1) for the buildbot.

I fail to see how this would be too relevant though. Nobody says that
PRs should be checked on the same infrastructure.
(The existing infrastructure might already be too busy to add enough
new VMs anyway.)

Read it as: you can design a better testing system in any way you
want. Finding the appropriate hardware can certainly be done later and
this doesn't exclude random people donating processor power of
machines they keep at home.

Mojca