Changing default cxx_stdlib to libc++

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 12 21:45:39 UTC 2018

On Mar 12, 2018, at 16:42, Michael wrote:

> On 2018-03-12, at 2:33 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>

>> On Mar 12, 2018, at 16:31, Michael wrote:
>>>
>>> How about documenting the procedure to submit changes by poll requests,
>>
>> There's lots of documentation about how to submit a pull request, such as:
>>
>> https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request/
>>
>> We also have:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGit#pr
>>
>>> and then verify the build bot.
>>
>> What do you mean?
>>
>>> (It may exist, but I have never seen it.)
>

> I just took a look at all of these:
>
> https://help.github.com/articles/creating-a-pull-request/
> https://help.github.com/articles/merging-a-pull-request/
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/WorkingWithGit#a3.Publishchanges
>
> None of them mention the buildbot, the Tarvis system, or how to test to see if it actually compiled on the buildbot machine.

If you look at our list of pull requests:

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pulls

You'll see each PR title has a red "X" or a green "√" next to it. That's the indicator of whether Travis built the PR successfully or not. You can click them for more information.

A failed Travis CI build does not necessarily mean there is anything wrong with the PR. There are many reasons why a build might fail on Travis but succeed on our buildbot and on user systems. For example, Travis imposes a time limit for jobs; some port builds exceed that time limit.