Changing default cxx_stdlib to libc++

Michael keybounce at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:21:27 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-12, at 4:15 PM, Kenneth F. Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2018-03-12, at 4:26 PM, Kenneth F. Cunningham wrote:
>>

>> It _could_ be done in 10.5 Intel, but that makes not much sense. Nobody should be running 10.5 intel anyway, and if we made the libc++ switch in 10.5 intel we'd be endlessly trying to figure out if we're on 10.5 PPC (libstdc++) or 10.5 intel (libc++) and -- ugh.
>
> Also, I guess universal binaries Intel/PPC on 10.5 would be in a terrible mess if we had Intel on libc++ and PPC on libstdc++.

Is there a reason for a universal binary on PPC anymore?

Anyone running a PPC binary today will either be on a PPC machine (10.5), or an Intel machine with Rosetta (10.6).
They either want a 10.5 PPC binary, or a 10.6 Intel binary.

So is there any reason for a PPC universal build today?

---
Entertaining minecraft videos
http://YouTube.com/keybounce