How to prevent fetching from macports mirrors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 20 23:52:45 UTC 2018

On Mar 20, 2018, at 11:39, Rainer Müller wrote:

> If MaxCDN does not have any cached state for the file, which obviously
> will be the case for new versions, it will first have to check the
> origin mirror.

Files that exist are cached by the CDN for a long time, but "file not found" and other error codes are intentionally cached only for a few minutes. Just because a file didn't exist on the origin server when you asked the CDN for it doesn't mean that we won't add the file to the origin server later, and we want the CDN to keep checking for that. We don't want the CDN to deliver a cached "file not found" error long after we added the file to the origin server.