How to prevent fetching from macports mirrors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Mar 20 23:59:05 UTC 2018

On Mar 20, 2018, at 09:17, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 20 March 2018 at 03:37, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> It should take well under a second for it to respond with a 404. I don't know why it would take anywhere close to 30 seconds for that.
>
> I don't know that either. Server overload maybe? :)

I don't think I've ever experienced the CDN or the origin server being overloaded. I don't think anyone else has reported experiencing that either.

> The annoying thing is that 15 servers are tried before actually trying
> the one specified in master_sites.

That should only occur if the ping time of the server specified in master_sites is higher than the ping time of those 15 mirrors. But I do think there is a bug in MacPorts base that occurs in certain uncommon circumstances, because I have occasionally seen MacPorts try servers in what appears to me to be an incorrect order.