[macports-ports] branch master updated: wine ports: Blacklist macports-clang-* fallbacks

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 21 00:24:09 UTC 2018

On Mar 20, 2018, at 19:14, Kenneth F. Cunningham wrote:

> On 2018-03-20, at 6:11 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> There is no timetable for this yet, but it's certainly months from now.
>
> Really? I was really hoping it would be two or three weeks, at most.  Too bad.
>
> Is there anything I can do to speed this up to help out?

We can't do it until after MacPorts 2.5.0 is released and all users have upgraded to it, so that they have a version of rev-upgrade that will fix the horrible brokenness they would otherwise experience as they mix their old libstdc++ ports with the new libc++ ones.

At the moment, there are 14 tickets open in the MacPorts 2.5.0 milestone:

https://trac.macports.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=MacPorts+2.5.0&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&order=priority

So it's however long it takes us to resolve those issues, plus however long it takes Josh to make the installer packages, plus however long it takes all users to upgrade, which is 2 weeks at minimum since that's how long it takes MacPorts to remind the user to run selfupdate.