How we announce MacPorts changes

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 13:20:14 UTC 2018

On 21 Mar 2018, at 14:00, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:
> On 2018-03-21 13:12, db wrote:
>>
>> I'd rather follow irregular updates (see linuxbrew updates issue on GH) and check first updated technical documentation,
> At this point I really do not know what to make of your posts in this
> thread.
>> than follow two mailing lists.

Hmm…I'll give you two examples and hope not to confuse you further. I rather have portgroup github documented in the guide (now it is, not long ago it wasn't), than subscribe to the dev list and ask about it, or be informed about an upcoming change to python's default version via macports-announce, RSS or other channel, than by seeing the first hiccups on the user's mailing list.