Gsoc 18 Project | Collect build statistics

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Sun May 6 16:14:26 UTC 2018

Hi Vishnu,

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Vishnu <vishnum1998 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Sorry for being inactive.
> Had back to back exams .
>
> Got free today.
>
> I implemented a new search feature in my app .
> Pushed the changes to heroku too.
> Please go through :
> sleepy-wave-33400.herokuapp.com/port/
>
> There you can search any port with its name.
> Even just starting few characters would work.

The search seems to be case-sensitive. For e.g., I entered 'app' but
didn't get any matches whereas I had to enter 'App' to get some matches
that too that begin with the entered text. It doesn't look for App in
between the
portname i.e., 'BGHUDAppKit'

Also it would be great to populate the DB with the complete portindex. The
installation
statistics did you fetch from mpstats or manually entered some values ?
Looks like they
are from 2012.

IIRC, your exam gets over tomorrow i.e., 7th May 2018 ? It would be great
to setup
an introduction meeting with mentors and student.

I am okay with setting up a meeting any day after 1630 UTC (2200 IST). I
would not be available the
coming weekend i.e., from 10th May to 14th May.

--
Jackson Isaac