missing dejavusansmono in rrdtool pango cairo fontconfig - new insights

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri May 11 16:41:27 UTC 2018

On May 10, 2018, at 20:00, macports at parvis.nl wrote:

> - So I propose to change the enforced backend in cairo from quartz to fontconfig.

How would that be accomplished?

I thought the quartz variant was only supposed to add optional functionality to cairo. I turned the variant on unconditionally (years ago now) because I couldn't think of a reason why anyone wouldn't want that optional functionality to be available to other ports. See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44414.