[macports-mgr] Question about MacPorts project membership application

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu May 17 09:17:17 UTC 2018

On 16 May 2018 at 16:42, Chih-Hsuan Yen wrote:

> Here I have an idea: how about making application letters public? If so
> applicants can check if their letters are received or not easily.

The problem is that this also publically exposes candidates whose
application has been rejected (even if only indirectly) and doesn't
address the "non-technical issue of getting a warm welcome" either.

For example: Everyone can see that a ticket has been successfully
submitted to Trac, but not having anyone look at it for ten years is
basically equivalent for sending it to black hole :).

Mojca