Pull Request Etiquette

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Sat May 19 22:06:00 UTC 2018

There is a pull request to update Octave to 4.4.0.
A significant amount of work has been put in to it.
While attempting to address some of the outstanding issues, my version had diverged in some significant ways.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the proper way forward?

It seems inefficient to attempt to describe the changes in the current pull request comment section.
It seems a little silly to open a competing pull request.
Should I create a pull request on the pull request?

I should note that my version is not quite ready for prime time.

Thank you,
Marcus