multiple ports with stdlibc++ mismatches (all on 10.13)...

Dr M J Carter Martin.Carter at physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 31 15:44:09 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 07:49:23AM -0700, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> On 2018-05-30, at 11:04 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
>
> > On 2018-5-31 15:39 , Ken Cunningham wrote:
> >> gcc5 is using libstdc++ (this installation is configured to use libc++)
> >> gcc6 is using libstdc++ (this installation is configured to use libc++)
> >> gcc7 is using libstdc++ (this installation is configured to use libc++)
> >
> > Did cxx_stdlib_overridden.tcl not set these up right for you?
>
> It appears it should have...
>
> I may have some inconsistency in my local MacPorts' database.

If so, that may not be the primary cause.  Our build system recreates
MacPorts from scratch from the tarball; as of 2.5.0, openmpi-gcc6
builds, 3+ times over, for everything which depends on it, then gets
rejected each time due to the libstdc++/libc++ conflict.

Apologies if this comes across as abrupt .... I've been banging my
head on this all day.  Suggestion: could the conflict message be made
to appear without the -v flag, please?

Hope this helps.  More details once a test build with only gcc7 and
openmpi-gcc7, both from source (there's hints that that might help),
has finished, but it's not looking good so far.

--
Dr Martin J Carter
Computer System Administrator