Seeming flaw in Xcode 10

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:00:53 UTC 2018

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 5:36 PM Perry E. Metzger <perry at piermont.com <mailto:perry at piermont.com>> wrote:
> As some of you are aware, XCode 10 no longer searches SDK include
> directories for C headers specified with " marks, as in

And vice-versa — it will no longer search the source path for any files specified with angled brackets either.

#include <myheader.h>

just fails.

I can see the logic. Uncertainty makes the source of the header file less certain, causes errors if people happen to name headers with poorly-chosen names, so this reduces bugs.

the release notes were pretty clear that this was completely on purpose.

I’m sure there were many meetings in boardrooms where this was already settled.

Ken