xdmf I/O HDF5 linking error on MacOS: libhdf5.101.dylib not found

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 16 12:20:42 UTC 2018

Let's keep the discussion on the mailing list.

On Nov 15, 2018, at 09:53, Ruben Di Battista wrote:

> Hello Ryan,
>
> I do not have any outdated port at the moment. I’m attaching the output of the selfupdate verbose command.
>
> I do not generally switch ports around… It was just to see if with previous version it was still compiling :)

The log showed you have two sources configured: one, a git clone of macports-ports on a branch called "vtk", and the other, our main rsync server. I'm not sure what order these are listed in in your sources.conf. The git clone was synced first, so maybe that means it's listed first in sources.conf. If so, that means anything in that git clone will supersede anything from the rsync server. Depending on what changes are on your "vtk" branch or how out of date it is, this may adversely affect how your ports build.

If you removed the git repo from your sources.conf, then you could check "port outdated" again.

You could also check if "sudo port rev-upgrade" fixes any problems.