new xcode build system and build failures

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:49:47 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-01, at 7:53 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2018, at 09:00, Ken Cunningham wrote:
>
>> To force Xcode10 to use the old build system (as it did before) add this flag to the xcodebuild args. Some ports need this in both the build and destroot args (aquaterm), others pass it in a different way (macvim).
>>
>> UseNewBuildSystem=NO
>>

> It seems like we should add support for this flag to the xcode portgroup via a new option.

This <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51205221/how-can-i-use-the-legacy-build-system-with-xcode-10s-xcodebuild> seems to know something that suggests the exact name of that magical flag might change slightly... to UseModernBuildSystem

Perhaps Jeremy or someone in the know might shed some light for us?...

Ken