unorthodox build setup?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 5 02:11:16 UTC 2018

On Oct 4, 2018, at 21:07, Mark Brethen wrote:

> This worked:
>
>    use_autoreconf yes
>    autoreconf.dir ${worksrcpath}/generic/libreduce/src
>
>    pre-configure {
>        set builddir [exec ${worksrcpath}/scripts/findhost.sh [exec ${worksrcpath}/config.guess]]
>        set redbin ${prefix}/libexec/${name}/csl/reduce.app/Contents/MacOS/reduce
>
>        configure.dir ${worksrcpath}/generic/libreduce/${builddir}
>        configure.cmd ${autoreconf.dir}/configure
>        configure.args-append \
>            --disable-universal \
>            --with-reduce=${redbin}
>
>        xinstall -d ${configure.dir}
>    }
>
>    pre-build {
>        set builddir [exec ${worksrcpath}/scripts/findhost.sh [exec ${worksrcpath}/config.guess]]
>        build.dir ${worksrcpath}/generic/libreduce/${builddir}
>    }
>

> Since the documentation is nonexistent, I’d like to copy the source to the share directory. Can you use the copy macro to copy directories to destroot, indicating individual files within to ignore?

copy installs everything you tell it to. copy doesn't have any feature for excluding items, so if you don't want to copy certain items, you'll have to somehow arrange to only call copy on the items you do want it to copy. For example, you could fs-traverse the source directory and examine the name (or other attributes) of each file to determine whether to copy it. If you tell me more about how you want to distinguish which files to copy and which files not to copy, maybe I can be more specific in my recommendation.