Keep 32-bit build support on Mojave

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:29:28 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-01, at 3:50 PM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2018-9-24 18:22 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> https://github.com/ryandesign/macports-base/commits/MacOSX.sdk
>

> Second, I'm not sure about changing the SDK only some of the time, or
> not changing the deployment target.

> I'm not sure how much of a problem all that is. It's unknown territory.
>
> - Josh

I would think if we decide to try this we should also set the deployment target to 10.13 when we're building against the 10.13 SDK, and build the whole port (32 and 64bit) with the same settings for SDK and deployment target.

It seems to me that should give us a good chance at a reliable situation. Apple does support building on an older system and deploying on a newer system, and in effect, that's what we would be mimicking.

My only worry is some of the SDK in "/" sneaking in somehow to complicate things, so to date, I haven't installed the command-line tools on Mojave. So far, no ports have complained about being forced to use the SDK only.

Ken