Keep 32-bit build support on Mojave

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Oct 24 21:53:32 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-2 08:50 , Joshua Root wrote:
> Second, I'm not sure about changing the SDK only some of the time, or
> not changing the deployment target. We've always recommended changing
> the deployment target for an entire installation globally if it's going
> to be changed, and Apple only supports using a deployment target <= the
> SDK being used. If it was only the i386 slices that were built against a
> different SDK, that would be different, but the x86_64 slices of
> universal builds will also be built against a different SDK than
> non-universal x86_64 ports. A non-universal port built against the 10.14
> SDK could thus end up linked with a universal port built against the
> 10.13 SDK.

What if instead of using the 10.13 SDK, we create a port for a universal
10.14 SDK? The only thing preventing the 10.14 SDK from being used for
universal builds is the .tbd files, which list only x86_64 for the
architectures of all the libs. They are YAML I believe, or certainly
some form of plain text, and so can easily be edited.

- Josh