Merging pull requests before 72 hours

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 20:25:01 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-18, at 1:18 PM, Christopher Jones wrote:

> Beyond the above, not really. If it is indeed agreed that some package version updates are allowed under the ‘minor’ tag, then I think the best you can do is just state that, and acknowledge that the determination of what is or is not a minor package revision cannot be quantified in generality, so is up to the member to decide making the changes, and that disagreements are inevitable.
>
> Or, we decide no package version updates are allowed.
>
> Chris

Has MacPorts considered removing the whole "maintainer" idea (with the possible exception of a very few key ports that are presently not openmaintainer)?

It seems to cause a fair bit of frustration, delay, and confusion and I'm not certain it offers a whole lot of benefit.

Homebrew has no such concept.

Ken