forcing 10.12 or 10.13 builds onto 10.14 for 32bit fix?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 13:30:34 UTC 2018

> At the moment, you're right, we don't have anything that can do that. So at the moment we would need to find a way to compile 32-bit on 10.14. Jack Howarth mentioned that the system dylib still has 32-bit symbols (of course, so that it can run 32-bit software) but that the tbd file for the system library doesn't have the 32-bit symbols anymore, which is what causes the build failure, and that there is a way to force the build to look at the dylib instead of at the tbd, but he didn't elaborate about how that would be accomplished. If we can figure that out, that might be the answer.

If I may be frank, to me this is all just an exercise in delaying the
inevitable. 32bit builds days are number, and jumping through hoops to
keep it going, for a year or so until the runtime is completely removed,
seems effort spent in the wrong direction.

Other than wine, which I am aware of, which other ports currently do not
build 64bit ?

Chris