Xcode 10.0...

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 18 15:53:19 UTC 2018

On Sep 17, 2018, at 19:39, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Are we currently set up for the new Xcode 10? It was officially
> released today, although Mojave won't show up for another week.

The minimal changes to have MacPorts recognize Xcode 10 were committed in June:

https://github.com/macports/macports-base/commit/0e483b2f3f61c3b72562014aa60d4336c814d728
https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/c22f41a25258a49e89643f1c1573ff8cc94ebf3b

The base change was included in MacPorts 2.5.3 released in July.

I don't know if Xcode 10 introduces any changes that would impact MacPorts. An area of possible concern for High Sierra is if Xcode 10 removes the same 32-bit parts that macOS Mojave removes.