Adding a Code of Conduct to MacPorts

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Tue Sep 18 18:09:39 UTC 2018

I'll second that having a CoC isn't a bad idea. I like the shorter version < https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html >, which leaves room for our project to implement various parts as we see fit (the PostgreSQL CoC is, in my opinion, a little too specific in some ways such as timelines for complaints). Even if we don't have a formal MacPorts conference, we are a significant online presence for OSX users and, though (to the best of my knowledge) we haven't had significant issues yet that would require a CoC, it seems inevitable that something will happen & having the CoC in place allows for at least the basics (policies and/or procedures) for handling the situation. My US$0.02 ... - MLD