GSoC Proposal

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Apr 1 09:39:45 UTC 2019

Dear Karan,

Just a few quick notes (for others as well).

On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 at 22:00, KARAN SHETH via macports-dev wrote:

> I have uploaded the project.
> Macports-Backend :  https://github.com/Korusuke/upt-macports
> NPM-Frontend : https://github.com/Korusuke/upt-npm

Awesome, thank you very much.

Cyril: what's your desired destination for such work? I would suggest
placing the repositories on either
    https://framagit.org/upt
or create a repository under
    https://github.com/macports-gsoc
and do the pull request and code review on either of these places
(just one though), and once the review is done, try to make some
release (even if a beta one) if that part of the code is ready. Cyril,
do you have a github account?

Renee (or anyone else from this list who's familiar with writing
portfiles etc.), could you please assist in testing the resulting
packages and providing feedback from the MacPorts point of view?

What I would like to suggest is for Karan to try to submit a PR for a
new port py-upt (except that this might be a bit tricky at this point
before the macports backend is included; thus the suggestion to make a
beta release).

In any case I would be grateful if some MacPorters could help testing,
guiding, providing feedback etc.

Thank you,
    Mojca