Can I trick base into installing ports that are built against libc++ on systems configured to stdlib=libc++ ?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 02:19:07 UTC 2019

Well blow me over, Josh. It does actually work.

I know all the clang ports clang-3.7 and up are built against libc++.

On my 10.6.8 system configured with cxx_stdlib=libc++,

sudo port -v -b install clang-6.0 cxx_stdlib=libstdc++

downloads a perfectly workable clang-6.0 binary from the MacPorts archive site that has no issues when it runs through the rev-upgrade link check stage.

So -- that's kinda useful for me, I think.

Ken