GSoC Proposal

Renee Otten ottenr.work at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 00:41:36 UTC 2019

> I generated a portfile for py-upt and tried installing that after a few manual edits, which will actually be automated in the future.
> It did install properly without any errors but I guess there's some issue with the path and because of which it was unuseable, once I figure this out should I make a PR ?

Great - you can certainly submit a PR when you have a (mostly) working version.

The install path (without the “dot” in front) seems fine. It would probably be useful for you to take a look at the MacPorts guide (https://guide.macports.org/ <https://guide.macports.org/>) and, more specifically, Chapter 5.

> Am I missing anything obvious here cause I have no prior experience installing local ports.

That’s hard to tell without looking at the Portfile and/or trying it. You can submit a PR and get feedback over there or, if you’d like some suggestions before submitting a PR, just point us to your Portfile (I couldn’t find a clone of the macports-port repository on your GitHub).

Best,
Renee