GSoC Proposal

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Apr 5 06:29:44 UTC 2019

Dear Karan,

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 08:25, KARAN SHETH <karan.sheth at somaiya.edu> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> So I tried porting upt and in the process had to port spdx-lookup and spdx.
> These are the portfiles for the same [1],[2],[3].
>
> When I try to install upt there is no error message but while trying
> to run upt via a terminal directly it says the command not found
> whereas if I go to python console and import upt, then it works as expected.
> I guess the problem is related to sys.path
>
> It would be great if someone could try installing upt using this
> portfiles and check if there's any error.

No time to test now, but what does "port contents py37-upt" say? It
could be called upt-py37 or something. That's a weird consequence of
supporting multiple version of python at the same time.

I would suggest you to submit pull requests with at least py-spdx-*
(or all three, that's up to you, depending on whether you get upt to
run), so that we can include them in the repository.

Mojca