GSoC Proposal

Cyril Roelandt cyril.roelandt at aquilenet.fr
Sat Apr 6 02:06:10 UTC 2019

Hello,

On 2019-04-05 09:22, Renee Otten wrote:
> this looks like a very good start! There are a few things that should be changed and I listed them below (some of them common to all three ports):

What could be interesting here is to improve upt to make sure we never
witness these issues ever again:)

> 1) you’re missing the “license” field (you should have gotten a warning about this when doing “port lint —nitpick py-upt”)

The upt frontend is usually able to gather the license. You need to
write down something that makes sense for Macports, though. This should
be done in the backend.

> 2) the value for “homepage” seems incorrect
> 3) since upt is a tool (i.e., run on the command line and not really used as a library by other packages) only one Python version would suffice. I'd suggest to only add “37” after “python.versions”
> 4) the category of your dependencies is not completely correct. Indeed, py-setuptools is a build-dependency, but py-spdx-lookup is not. The latter is needed when using upt and should, therefore, be listed as “depends_lib-append”.

Upt gives you three kinds of dependencies: build, runtime and test. This
should be done in the backend.

> 5) please add "supported_archs     noarch” after “platforms"; since there are no architecture dependent files installed (as is often the case for Python scripts)

This could probably be added to the backend as well!

> 6) a little bit nitpicking: (i) add a new line after the modeline, (2) add “revision 0” after “version”

Same here, this should be fixed in the templates.

Cyril