GSoC 2019 submission deadline is today

Umesh Singla umeshksingla at macports.org
Tue Apr 9 12:23:49 UTC 2019

Hello,

*I apologize for another email which may not be of interest to many of the
members here but till we figure out a new channel for GSoC (and more such)
activities, I believe there is no other option than using -dev.*

With only a few hours left in final submissions, I advise the students to
submit a final PDF version of their proposal as soon as possible and not
leave it to the last minute. Draft submissions do not count [1]. While
proposals are given the most weight in the decision for selection, there
are a lot of other factors which you may have noticed already, from the
replies to your queries.

To potential mentors: I'd suggest clicking on the "Want To Mentor" button
on the summer-of-code dashboard [2] against the project/proposal you'd like
to mentor if you haven't already. I am saying this because the number of
"want-to-mentor" might be one of the criteria Google considers while
deciding the number of slots to be allotted to an organization. It'd help
in assigning the mentors to students as well.

- Umesh

[1]:
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/writing-a-proposal#submitting-a-final-pdf-proposal
[2]: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard