GSoC 2019 [Buildbot ideas]

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Apr 9 15:53:55 UTC 2019

Dear Rajdeep,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 at 17:27, Rajdeep Bharati wrote:

> Here's a poc of buildbot workers running on mac VM using libvirt (thought I'm not sure whether this is the kind of thing we need): https://github.com/nextgis/buildbot

Cool, nice find! I don't know how hard it would be to replicate their
work and adapt it to our needs (even with these I expect quite some
work to set everything up), but it's definitely helpful to have a nice
starting point. Yes, I believe that's a useful link in any case.

> I have submitted a final proposal with some more changes. I'm sorry for being late (since there are just a couple of hours left for the deadline), it would be great if you could review it once.

We don't see the final proposals yet, only drafts, but I already left
the comments I had earlier and don't have much to add
(for example: we don't want students to burn out by trying to work 60
hours per week, it's neither realistic nor productive).

Mojca