Speed up trace mode (GSoC Project)

Mihir Luthra 1999mihir.luthra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 17:46:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

I needed some advise regarding ctrie implementation.

I was constructing the trie data structure which has to be operated from
the address space mapped by mmap(2).
In place of “array of next nodes”, I am using “array of offsets”.
the void * returned from calling mmap(2), I would type cast it as my struct
type.
When needing to write data, go to the last offset *(base + offset) and CAS.

I have doubts regarding “type” of offset, simply off_t or int.
As here we are mapping file memory into process address space, I m not
certain what “type” would be safe to use for offsets.

Regards,
Mihir