mirrors.shu.edu.cn Down?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 28 13:16:09 UTC 2019

On Apr 28, 2019, at 07:57, Ruben Di Battista wrote:

> I’m sorry, the port is a port I’m writing to comply to a recent PR I’m trying to get done (for the port py-pew). I generally redact the username in my logs. Don’t know if it’s effectively a good practice. I’m sorry if made your effort to help me harder…
>
> Here’s the port I’m writing (https://gitlab.com/snippets/1851912).
>
> Actually the transcript ends at the line I posted… There’s no attempt to download from GitHub as you correctly highlight.

When I try your Portfile I get:

$ port checksum subport=py37-resumable-urlretrieve
--->  Fetching distfiles for py37-resumable-urlretrieve
--->  Attempting to fetch resumable-urlretrieve-0.1.6.tar.gz from https://distfiles.macports.org/py-resumable-urlretrieve
--->  Attempting to fetch resumable-urlretrieve-0.1.6.tar.gz from https://github.com/berdario/resumable-urlretrieve/archive/
Error: Failed to fetch py37-resumable-urlretrieve: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_private_tmp_py-resumable-urlretrieve/py37-resumable-urlretrieve/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port py-resumable-urlretrieve failed

I don't know why it's not trying to download from GitHub for you.

It's not trying to download from other MacPorts mirrors for me because I have listed them in host_blacklist in macports.conf. Is it possible that you listed github.com in host_blacklist?

Usually it's best to download Python modules from Pypi. The attached works for me.