mirrors.shu.edu.cn Down?

Christopher Chavez chrischavez at gmx.us
Sun Apr 28 13:43:14 UTC 2019

On 4/28/2019 7:57 AM, Ruben Di Battista wrote:
> Here’s the port I’m writing (https://gitlab.com/snippets/1851912).

Hi Ruben,

One comment on this approach: I'm not sure it is a good idea to override
`master_sites` in Portfiles that use the github PortGroup. Usually any
tweaking of which download to use is done with `github.tarball_from`.

Although the github PortGroup currently does not support the `archive`
download URL (see https://trac.macports.org/ticket/40518), using

github.tarball_from tags

should be the close enough equivalent. In your case, I think specifying
that along with the correct checksums would have worked.

The PyPI approach Ryan suggested should also be good enough.

Hope this helps

Christopher A. Chavez