Python3 library path, no symlink in /opt/local/lib?

Ruben Di Battista rubendibattista at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 22:21:34 UTC 2019

Ok,
I fixed the cmake invocation that before was looking for the python library in /opt/local/lib. It was hardcoded in the cmake invocation. Now it looks into /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/{version}/lib as expected.

Thanks Joshua for putting me on the right path! :)
          _
-.     .´  |∞∞∞∞
  ',  ;    |∞∞∞∞∞∞
    ˜˜     |∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ RdB
    ,.,    |∞∞∞∞∞∞
  .'   '.  |∞∞∞∞
-'       `’

https://rdb.is

On 1 August 2019 at 01:11:26, Joshua Root (jmr at macports.org) wrote:

On 2019-8-1 08:45 , Ruben Di Battista wrote:
> :info:configure -- Looking for feenableexcept - not found
> :info:configure -- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_HIDDEN_VISIBILITY
> :info:configure -- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_HIDDEN_VISIBILITY - Success
> :info:configure -- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_HIDDEN_INLINE_VISIBILITY
> :info:configure -- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_HIDDEN_INLINE_VISIBILITY
> - Success
> :info:configure -- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_DEPRECATED_ATTR
> :info:configure -- Performing Test COMPILER_HAS_DEPRECATED_ATTR - Success
> :info:configure -- Found PythonLibs: /opt/local/lib/libpython3.7.dylib
>
> ```
>
> So it finds Python 3.7, but the library path is wrong. How is this
> possible? Anyone can give me an hint?

No idea, you'd have to look at what its CmakeLists is doing. It's
clearly not using any of the recommended ways to find out how to link
against python though:

% python3.7-config --ldflags
-L/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/config-3.7m-darwin
-lpython3.7m -ldl -framework CoreFoundation

% pkg-config --libs python-3.7
-L/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib
-lpython3.7m

Hopefully there is a cmake variable that can be set to influence where
it looks.

- Josh