Github CI/CD

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Aug 17 22:36:19 UTC 2019

On 17/08/2019 21.33, Mark Anderson wrote:
> So I got let into the beta and I messed around a bit.
>
> https://github.com/markemer/macports-cicd-test/commit/3afe383d66fc1c073bf33af821fc6701e4b9acc0/checks
>
> I was able to get macports-base to build. In 2 min. I'm going to give regular
> Macports a try as well. We probably don't want to build base every time, but I
> was just trying to get things to work.

Nice! Thanks for checking it out. This looks quite promising already.
> Also, I'm going to ask if we can get a container without Brew / and also try to
> uninstall it.

We also have to uninstall Homebrew on Travis on every single run when testing
PRs for macports-ports. That is already part of the _ci/bootstrap.sh script
which could be reused. Although the YAML actions look more fancy.

These are the comlete steps we need on Travis, but I think nothing should be
specific to Travis here and it could just work in the same way.

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/.travis.yml

The only restricted action executed by the CI runner would be the log file
uploading, which is necessary on Travis due to a 4 MiB limit on the log output.
Is there a similar limit on GitHub CI? I am not aware we hit any limits on Azure
so far...?

Rainer