Preparing for 2.6.0 beta

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Aug 24 16:00:03 UTC 2019

On 2019-8-25 00:40 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> What is the plan for the buildbot and our prebuilt archives? Obviously we would need to rebuild all of the archives for C++ software on 10.6-10.8. Since you are not planning on changing the archive filenames or their location on the packages server, and since the buildbot uses the presence of the archives on the packages server as an indicator that the ports have already been built, the buildbot will not know that it should rebuild them. I imagine we will have to manually identify all the ports that use C++, remove their archives from the packages server, uninstall them on the 10.6-10.8 buildbot workers, and then trigger new builds for them.

Yes, that sounds about right, except for the manually part. With the
cxx_stdlib info now in the archive metadata, it's relatively quick to
identify which archives are linked with libstdc++. Probably still best
to do a delete_old_archives.py run with a low targetSize first. (Can
grep the output for 'darwin_1[012]'.)

You could use the list of archives to identify which ports to uninstall
from the workers, or just 'port uninstall installed' and let them
reinstall from archives if possible as needed.

- Josh