Preparing for 2.6.0 beta

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 24 14:40:47 UTC 2019

On Aug 24, 2019, at 08:55, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2019-8-24 21:59 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> I would be grateful for addressing these:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/50448
>
> Way too late to do anything about that in base. The plan is as described
> in comment 16.

I didn't realize that was the plan we had settled on, but I haven't been following MacPorts developments that closely this year.

I saw the commits from you to base, changing the default stdlib to libc++ on 10.6-10.8. Looks like your proposal is for users to run rev-upgrade after upgrading.

What is the plan for the buildbot and our prebuilt archives? Obviously we would need to rebuild all of the archives for C++ software on 10.6-10.8. Since you are not planning on changing the archive filenames or their location on the packages server, and since the buildbot uses the presence of the archives on the packages server as an indicator that the ports have already been built, the buildbot will not know that it should rebuild them. I imagine we will have to manually identify all the ports that use C++, remove their archives from the packages server, uninstall them on the 10.6-10.8 buildbot workers, and then trigger new builds for them.