Testing an idea

Eric F (iEFdev) eric at iefdev.se
Sun Feb 10 02:37:42 UTC 2019

Thanks Zero.

On 2/10/19 2:39 , Zero King wrote:
> I believe the maintainers field is used to contact the maintainer,
> either via email or by mentioning (@) the user on GitHub. We can't
> contact one with their GitLab or Bitbucket account in our PRs or Trac
> tickets, so I think other Git hosting services are not relevant here.
Yes, I see your point in that. So, it's for the MP bot to be able to assign PR's
automatically, for example?
Maybe I was thinking more from a user prespective. If port info returns my email
and my GitLab handler, then they know where to find both me, and prob the code.
Or if that could be used as an additional entry?

> If in the future we switch to another service for issue/PR tracking, we
> may adopt a transitional scheme like this though.
Speaking of that… Are there any plans to expand to GitLab? They have a great
function to import/mirror from GitHub, which keep the repo updated.

I know when everyone /“fled”/ to GitLab last year… there were a few articles how
to intergrate the two. I don't remember though if it was possible to manage
PR/issues from one and sync with the other. Couldn't find the articles I read
back then, but a quick search now:

- https://medium.com/@an0xff/gitlab-loves-github-c5ec797f7814
- https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/integration/github.html
- https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/ci_cd_for_external_repos/github_integration.html