Help with a Portfile

iEFdev eric at iefdev.se
Sun Jan 13 10:04:15 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'd like to get some help with a Portfile, and have a couple of questions.

1: When using git.setup, with a commit as the 3'rd var, like: github.setup Foo
Bar a1b2c3d4

I didn't get it to work (download), but I could use it with: fetch.type git

How does that work with checksum (when cloning repo)? The function looks
disabled though. I installs fine with (or without) any number. Not sure it's the
right way to go - it doesn't feel right.

2: I tried to use: patch.dir ${worksrcpath}/path/to, but then it tried to
download the file specified in: patchfiles.

Is it possible to use an existing dir in the downloaded source folder? …or does
the patches have to go into the Files dir, for example?

Any help/info is appreciated.

Best regards,
· Eric