Help with a Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Jan 14 06:21:26 UTC 2019

On 2019-1-14 17:03 , iEFdev wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> Thanks for looking at it.  :+1:
>
> I put the files here in a tmp branch of my macports-ports fork:
> https://github.com/iEFdev/macports-ports/tree/4josh/www/libapache2_mod_fastcgi

So, fetching and patching work fine for me with your Portfile.fetch.git
after removing the fetch.type line and setting the correct checksums.

You should set an appropriate version though (hashes are not suitable
because they change pseudorandomly rather than monotonically increasing
like a version number should.)

> Well if it works for you, just like that - I guess that SSL-error is the
> bad one then?

Yes, that would be a problem. It's because Lion doesn't support TLS >
1.0. You can work around it by downloading the file with a browser that
does support newer TLS versions and putting it in the location shown by
`port distfiles`. Once the port is added to the main repo, it will be
mirrored and users of older OS versions can download it from the mirrors.

- Josh