depspec generator?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Jan 15 20:25:10 UTC 2019

On 14.01.19 10:33, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> I think MacPort "base" already has most of the code required to generate a depspec list from a new/upgraded port's destroot, as a means of verification and convenience for port maintainers. (A bit like my own port-check-conflicts.tcl [https://github.com/RJVB/macstrop/blob/master/macports/bin/] which checks for activation conflicts).
>
> Does something like this already exist, especially with an option to filter out indirect dependencies (= those already satisfied through dependency inheritance)?

This functionality does not exist, but in theory this is kind of what
the post-destroot checks are supposed to catch. This work just never got
polished and merged to master.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode2011#depcheck
https://github.com/macports/macports-base/compare/gsoc11-post-destroot

The idea was to produce warnings when dynamic libraries were linked
without the providing port being in depends_lib of the port it self or
in any of the recursive dependencies.

Note: The name "postdestroot" was kind of a placeholder and this is in
need of a better name to avoid confusion... "verify"? "linkcheck"?

Rainer