Help with a Portfile (part 2)

Eric F (iEFdev) eric at iefdev.se
Tue Jan 15 21:55:11 UTC 2019

Thanks for all the help with last one. đź‘Ť

Now I'm doing the other (last) one(s), and I'm not really sure how to do this.

It's a 2 part install. C lib (dependency) + a module.
    - https://github.com/maxmind/libmaxminddb/
    - https://github.com/maxmind/mod_maxminddb/

The C lib builds and installs fine, but the module throw me some errors.

> :info:build /opt/local/bin/apxs -c -L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -arch x86_64 -lmaxminddb  -Wc,"-pipe -Os -arch x86_64 -std=c99 -fms-extensions"  mod_maxminddb.c
> :info:build apxs:Error: Unknown option: r.
> :info:build apxs:Error: Unknown option: h.

I could build it manually in it's folder with:

    $ sudo LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --with-apxs=/opt/local/bin/apxs
    $ sudo make

My default i gcc (7, I think)

So I tried with (just to compare):

    configure.compiler macports-clang-5.0      // didn't work
    configure.compiler macports-gcc-5          // worked

Also tried to blacklist some compliers, etc.

So, how to chose/setup a suitable compiler? and… if going with gcc, doesn't the
C lib have to use the same as well then?

I put the Portfiles here in a gist:
https://gist.github.com/iEFdev/f3cc223c4596be6d8eebfde5622ff533
…incl the stdout of the build

// The dependency Portfile is complete, and works. The other one is more like a
draft, upto the “build phase”. :)

Perhaps it needs some more advanced form of configure.fooflag-append's, etc?

Any help/input/ideas are appreciated.

· Eric