A quick question on PR etiquette

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Jan 20 21:18:22 UTC 2019

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 at 19:45, Mark Anderson wrote:

> So, I want to change my email on all of my ports. Should I do them all in one big PR which is what my gut says, or should I do a separate one for each? It'd be the only change I'd make in this pass.

Since you have commit rights: if you are sure that the change is
correct and make sure that nothing breaks (due to a typo like
forgotten brace etc.), there is no need to make a pull request. You
may simply commit the change directly. (I'm not saying that this is
true for all the changes, but a change like this one doesn't
necessarily need a code review, and unless you maintain only a small
number of quick-to-build ports, the build would usually time out
anyway.

Mojca