A quick question on PR etiquette

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Sun Jan 20 21:24:01 UTC 2019

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 at 22:18, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 at 19:45, Mark Anderson wrote:
> >
> > So, I want to change my email on all of my ports. Should I do them all in one big PR which is what my gut says, or should I do a separate one for each? It'd be the only change I'd make in this pass.
>
> Since you have commit rights: if you are sure that the change is
> correct and make sure that nothing breaks (due to a typo like
> forgotten brace etc.), there is no need to make a pull request.

... but if you do make a pull request, please don't open any more than
a single one. I initially thought you were asking whether you need to
make one commit or multiple commits. I would strongly prefer a single
commit as well. Opening multiple pull request would only add a lot of
burden to developers.

(What's important is not to make completely unrelated changes to
multiple ports in one commit or one pull request.)

Mojca