Issues with compiler flags in gfortran

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Jan 23 08:06:54 UTC 2019

On 2019-1-23 02:44 , Ken Cunningham wrote:
> Patching or configuring gcc to call a specific clang directly as an assembler seems to me to be quite complicated, but may appear simpler to some others. I looked at this before and balked.

Doesn't look too hard, just changing '--with-as=${prefix}/bin/as' in the
portfile to '--with-as=${prefix}/bin/llvm-as-mp-7.0' for example. But
we're already telling the gcc ports --with-as=${prefix}/bin/as
specifically, which makes the change in behaviour with a different PATH
a bit puzzling.

Anyway I agree that cctools 'as' should be running the llvm-as from the
llvm port that cctools depends on.

- Josh